Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sei la mia luce and the Renaissance

Well, I must say things are a bit more up than my last post. Firstly, I have a muscular gondolier back of Mauro to look at. He is telling me that I am his light. His favorite food is spaghetti with sea food, favorite color sea green. I wonder if they show his back because his face leaves more to be desired...

On the the Renaissance. I am trying to have a bit of a re-birth in my life. No, I am not preggers so stop thinking that. I have decided that a career change is quite necessary and what's more, my boss is more than supportive of me pursuing my dreams of politics. I have met with a lobbyist, have a phone call into a fundraiser, an email to the Minority Leader and am going to *hopefully* meet with a senior attorney that works at the Capitol. This is all at the State level, by the way. I took loads of clothes to the dry cleaners, am getting others altered, will paint my nails weekly and am polishing my look. Tonight or tomorrow, I will get Stalin-esque on my ass and come up with a 5 year plan. I must determine what advanced degree I would like, where I would like to get it and what to do in the meantime. My life needs a change, a shot in the arm. I hope this works. No longer will I let my fear rule my decisions (fear of failure) or determine the projection of my life.

I have also been recently informed that I am, in fact, boy-crazy, by 3 people no less. I didn't realize I was so boy-oriented but apparently I am. I am not denying the observation, more like enlightened. As one of my friends said, I need to "stop running". How do you do this if you don't realize that you are running in the first place?? I'll figure it out, I know I will. It's part of the Renaissance I suppose.

No comments: