Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back to the Blog

My apologies, friends, for being away so long. This past week was a whirlwind of activities for yours truly. My parents came on Wednesday to visit and just left yesterday morning. We had a fantastic time! They helped me pack and I got to introduce them to my professors, the Dean and Philly. It is never enough time, but I am so grateful they were able to come in the first place. I was presented with the Dean's Citation for scholarship, social justice, innovation and, um, something else...I can't remember...but it is very cool and I am humbled by the award. I never expected it and I am the first recipient of it so it is quite an honor. My parents are very proud. Their trip's highlight was dinner with Nona and I at a Balkan restaurant here in Philly. The evening was delicious and wonderful. It was amazing and I am very excited about moving to Macedonia on Wednesday.

Can you believe it, Wednesday!!! I have a few things to wrap up, but I moved out of my apartment today, had breakfast in South Philly with Nona and Seth and am now at the Grad Center trying to relax. I have not been sleeping well. No doubt, it is the move/transition...my dreams are on the verge of being nightmares, but it is ok. I will have plenty of time to catch up on the plane rides! TTFN, friends.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Bon Voyage, Em!!! I know I've been MIA, but I've been keeping up with your goings-on from afar. Right now I'm packing and running around, trying to ensure some semblance of sanity for when I depart for Australia May 29th.