Friday, December 30, 2005

Hawaii five-o

Yay! Zona & Ems are finally in Hawaii! Woo-hoo! Some major shopping has been accomplished this fine morning in the lovely town of Waikiki. We wanted to get it out of the way. And, a girl does need a cute cover on the beach. The beach eludes us, but it is only 12:30 Hawaiian time so there is plenty of opportunity. The hostel is 1 and a half blocks from Waikiki beach. The air is thick and heavy with humidity, although I don't feel the least bit stiffled. I was hoping when I walked off the plane, I would smell something like plumeria or freesia, but alas, it was a nice combination of diesel smoke and airplane. I hoped when I walked out of baggage claim, these lovely tropical scents would waft themselves in my general direction. Nope. Just the smoking section. Damn Smokers!!!! Maybe Maui will give me this tropical flower exerience. After arriving at the hostel, we discovered someone screwed up our reservation so Zona & I are not going to be in the same room on New Years Eve. Bastards. There has been no apology or anything. I am a bit hostile at the hostel people. At any rate, our room for now is nice and the girls are funny. We had fabulous and cheap sushi for dinner, washed down with a draft of Kiran followed by a restlest sleep on the top bunk of a rickety bunk bed. Tonight, we are doing Japanese style kareoke (Japanese is the second language of Hawaii, in case you were un-aware). Zona is excited. I don't know what I am in for. Apparently you get your own room to sing and goof off in...Tomorrow, we are going to hike Diamond Head, then finishing up shopping and lounge some more on the beach. What the night holds in store for us is unknown. In case you were wondering, my cold is still around, but not nearly as bad. The fish will be disappointed.

No comments: