Monday, February 13, 2006

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Guess what. There are good, kind people in this world. I forgot my beautiful Cashmina scarf at this restaurant a couple weeks ago and finally remembered to go pick it up after work today. I found a parking space on the street nearby, went into the restraunt, thanked the manager after he brought me the scarf and walked out. As I was walking towards my car, I saw the meter guy giving me a ticket. Doh! Here is the run down upon my approach to my car:
Me: Hi.
Meter Man (MM): Hi. Is this your car?
Me: Yes. I was just picking up my scarf from that restraunt.
MM: Well, are you aware that you have to pay to park in Cherry Creek now?
Me: No. (Glance at sign that clearly states one must pay until 7PM). What time is it?
MM: It's 6:44.
Me: Oh, I see.
MM: Once we start entering the ticket, we have to issue it.
Me: Ok.
MM: I am one of 2 people who do this job who knows how get out of issuing a ticket. But you have to do something.
Me: Oh.
MM: You have to beat me at a game of rock paper scissors.
Me: Just once or best 2 out of 3.
MM: Just once. Ready? (I nod). Go.
We hit our fists on our hands, 1-2-3. We both do rocks.
MM: Tie, ready?
I nod and we do it again. 1-2-3. Both scissors.
MM: Ok, here goes..
1-2-3. My fist stays rock, he has scissors, I win.
MM: Have a nice night!
Me: Really?! Thank you!!

Yup folks, I seriously got out of a parking ticket by playing rock, paper, scissors. Cruz witnessed the whole thing because she was on the phone with me (I have a Blue Tooth so he didn't know I was on the phone). She asked if I just got out of a ticket by playing rock, paper, scissors. I did. Thank you, Meter Man.

No comments: