Wednesday, March 22, 2006

99 Problems and other ramblings

So things are uber stressful right now in my world, but thankfully it is Saturday and Jay-Z has shed some light and offered me some perspective on everything. The following is the hook from his song, "99 Problems". Here goes: "If you got girl problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a b*tch ain't one." Amen, Sean Carter, amen (I think that is Jay Z's birth name).

I watch the haze burn off the city and am enjoying a lazy morning which includes, but is not limited to, sipping coffee, reading a magazine or two, updating my blog all while having my cat purring, sitting on my lap. I have the whole day to do whatever I would like. Maybe I'll go walk around for a bit in the sunshine or take my car to get an oil change or lay on my couch reading or study for a bit. Saturday is very much a recovery day for me. I recover first and foremost from the prior evening's activities, which at times means drinks and late nights, and then, more importantly, from the prior week at work, which recently has been quite effective at totally zapping all my energy. Tonight, there is a party that I have not decided on whether or not to attend. Last year, I went to this party and it's theme was tight pants. My sister and the host quickly realized that it could have been called the camel toe party. Ha ha. So I don't know if this year's party has a theme and if it does, and I go, I'll just have to hope whatever I wear fits in. By the way, last year,I wore tight pants, the original theme, and did not suffer from the aforementioned observation by my sister and the host. Last year, we stayed way too long and I think that it left a bad taste in my mouth for this year. You know when there are only a few cd's in the player and you've heard "ABC" by the Jackson 5 for the third time, it is time to go. I, unfortunately, was the only one in my group with this sentiment. So I was stuck, too tipsy to drive myself home, but coming down from my drunkeness, ready for a nice place to lay my head, listening to "disco inferno" AGAIN, really loud. So this year, we'll see if I attend and if this party ends better than last year's...

My music is on random on iTunes and my iTunes player really likes Outkast and Operation Ivy. Interesting. Hmmm, here's an Op Ivy lyric "What was once rebellion now clearly is just a social sect. Are you just upset 'cause your own social clique has left?" Ok, I'll stop quoting punk music and rap now. Ciao.

No comments: