Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sei il mio amore eterno...

Yup, it's that time again, time for the monthly cheezy Italian saying from, you guessed it, my Buff Gondolier. The supposed translation is: Be my eternal love. This month's man is Renato. He is a smokin'good lookin' 34 year old who likes sea food. Mmmm, could he like sea food because oysters are a natural aphrodesiac?
This week, my ability to communicate is non-existent. I feel like at work, in my personal life and even to myself, I can't express what I am thinking, feeling, what I want to say. I just need to chill out, relax and not worry. My friend at work, who is leaving (bummer), told me today that I am the most sincere person she knows. She told me that it is very clear if I like or don't like someone because I simply ignore those I don't like. Wow. Maybe I do communicate more than I realize. That is even more scary! I think all this can be blamed on one thing: the re-entry of television in my life. I am cat-sitting and not only do these people have cable, they also have HDTV. For those of you who don't know, it used to be a criteria that I would only consider dating you if you had cable (I have since dropped this criteria for consitancy's sake, keep reading). To put it lightly, I am mildly obsessed with cable. So I go from not having the ability to watch any tv to having cable and, even more titlating, on-demand so I can watch movies whenever I feel like it. I think my brain cells are dying much more rapidly and that the ability to watch tv has destroyed my fragile web of understanding of how I operate, thus, making me a bumbling idiot, unable to communicate. Evil television. Or I could just have spring fever.

1 comment:

zoNa said...

i've heard hugh grant described as a "bumbling idiot" on more than one occasion and he has no problems getting laid or making the big bucks. my point is that brain cells are highly over rated, so there is no need to fear my dear dear friend. just keep killin' 'em away and enjoying that cable!