Sunday, April 30, 2006

I Love My Neighborhood, Part II

I am sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while. I will start off with the recent incident in my neighborhood. I know y'all were worried that my neighborhood might be calming down but no!!!!! There was an arrest at the place across the street my sister and I affectionately call the Crack House. Forgive me if I repeat myself, but I want you to understand the Crack House in all of it's glory for this place is the reason my sister and I's rent is so low. There are weekly rentals available in the 3 story apartment building. According to my neighbor, it is disgustingly dirty in there (hmmmmm, why was she in the Crack House?) and my sister and I are pretty sure there is some drug dealing going on, although we haven't actually seen it go down (in the legal world, this is what is called heresay). If you were to see and observe this place as we have you would come to the same conclusion. So this lady is so f*cked up she can't even stand up, then she is sitting outside, no doubt trying to convince the cops she is not as f*cked up as she seems. Meanwhile there is a man on the 2nd story porch in a wife beater watching this all go down and I know once the cops take their suspect away, he is going to go inside and get a 40 to drink on the porch. Ahhh, nothing like a Sunday morning arrest!
I am sure you are wanting a job update as well. So it is just me, my boss and another paralegal working what 8 or 9 people used to do. The stress level is high and I definitely dreamt about work last night. Isn't that sad?? But it is good too because if we can keep this ship afloat, yours truly has a real chance at having a leadership position for a while. This past week, I almost lost it though, with the stress of work, my Gramma having surgery, and the recent death of the Congressman who appointed me Page to the US Congress, my nerves were shot. It isn't just the workload; it is the stress level of everyone, including clients, in the office. But this can't maintain itself forever. I hope.

No comments: