Wednesday, September 06, 2006

L'amore non dorme mai

"Love never sleeps". Thank you, oh buff gondolier. I don't know what to comment on this statement. Hmmmmm, maybe inspiration will hit me later.

So I asked my boss for a raise today and told him if I got the raise, I would not look for a new job in this State. I was very frank with him and told him my resume is floating around the DC area and it would continue to float around out there. I am only asking for a 14% raise!

I need to buy my cheap tickets to see my sis, but I keep hoping I'll have a job interview. Maybe if I buy the tickets, it will guarantee an interview. Way to be supersticious. And a poor speller.

I have been super down about my sis leaving, but am ready for it to just happen. I am sincerely hoping the waiting is indeed the hardest part. Tonight is the last night as a family all together. I fear there will be many tears, which means swollen eyes tomorrow and my boss saying, "are you tired or something?". I already took tomorrow morning off because I don't know how I will be considering she literally drives away tomorrow. Maybe I will be punctual and the work will be a good distraction...we can hope. I don't know what to expect from myself or our friendship. The bond will not be broken; most likely, it will be strengthened. Maybe I am too dependent on her and her boyfriend. Maybe a great weight will be lifted. Or maybe I will just cry.

No comments: