Thursday, August 31, 2006

Changes

I am sitting at work, trying to install an update on the server for one of our software programs and it isn't working. I am a bit annoyed, but whatever. It looks like the server will need to be re-booted. Joy. And I just got busted typing this entry.

My sister is moving to Chi-town in a week and I am beginning to get nervous. I simply don't know what I am going to do without her here. I know I will survive, but that doesn't make the emininent loss any easier to deal with right now. Her move has really put a fire under me to go to DC.

Lots of things feel like they are shifting right now. I am having a hard time committing to anyone or anything. My boss says all he needs is a pinky swear that I will be here 6 months and I will have a raise. I don't know if I can pinky swear that (I am trying to be impeccible with my word).

I think I am scared that I will become needy once my sis departs. Neediness is not hot nor is it cool. I keep telling myself that being scared of it means it won't happen, but alas, I guess we won't know for a week or so. Maybe I will become a recluse. Maybe I cry a lot next Wednesday and be done with it. Maybe it won't be as big a deal as I fear. Invest in kleenex stock just in case...

No comments: