Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Feeling Frumpy

Hello folks. I realized as I was getting out of my car this morning that I look a bit frumpy. You know how when you see some terrible outfit some poor soul put on or people with mullets and you think, "do these people actually look in the mirror and think, 'damn, i look good'" (insert mullet fluff here). Well, I realized today that is probably what people think when they see me. I hear the inner monologue of those around me: "Did she actually try that skirt on in the store like it or was it a gift? Who puts a lavendar sweater with a pink flowered skirt? Poor girl probably didn't look in the mirror before she left work. I hope nobody ever says or thinks these things about me." And here I am thinking those things about myself. It just goes to prove: what goes around comes around. For the record, my boss told me I don't look bad and my receptionist likes the skirt, and I wasn't even prying for compliments. I guess some people like the frumpy look...the dude abides.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on this one. I'm definitely in frump mode today too! Actually, I unintentionally ended up looking rather patriotic. I put on blue pants and a red polo. The air felt a bit cool so I threw on white sweater. When I got to work my coworker saluted me and asked what holiday it was.

zoNa said...

duda, join the club!! FRUMP is my middle name.