Friday, January 13, 2006

Grazie di esistire

Ok, so my spelling might be off a bit, but translated to English from Italian, it supposedly means "thank you for existing". This is the monthly Italian phrase the man of the month is trying to teach me. This is the new calandar I bought to hang over my desk and it is entitled "Buff Gondaliers" or something like that. Basically, I am trying to pass off a cheezy calandar of men who sometimes go shirtless as a calandar of the Venician canals...hmmm, nobody has noticed it so far. I'm not too worried about it.
I wanted to apologize for not updating my blog more while in Hawaii. There was so much to tell that it was overwhelming. The other part was to try to escape from the Mainland and not have my mind anywhere else. My apologies.
So now I am back in the Mainland in my apartment with my cat, who is mildly obsessed with me. We have finally figured out how to use the laptop and have her lounge on me. I am having mixed emotions right now. I have almost the entire day to myself and cannot figure out what I want to do. I am grateful to be alone, yet feeling totally disconnected from everything and thus, want to go out with people to feel connected. But I don't have the energy to connect with people I don't know very well and would not wish my current state on any of my friends or family. I am so lucky to have my own space and time that is totally mine. I want to go lay in the sun, but it is not quite warm enough and I am not a huge fan of hanging out in public city parks, alone, no less. Maybe I should have entitled this blog "restless".

No comments: