Monday, March 24, 2008

I want the DAWG and the visa update

I did something bad today. Nona and I went to a local pet store and I held a puppy. Not just any puppy. A Shiz-tzu Bichon Frise little girl who snuggled right up on me and when I spoke, she wagged her little tail. Nona held her too and she was so sweet to Nona, but the chemistry was alive and well between the puppy and I. Seriously. I know that I am moving to Macedonia and that dogs are so expensive, but I realized that I really want a companion. I am actually ready to commit to something. I was good and did not purchase the dog, but have decided to look for a furry friend in Skopje.

You will never guess what happened today. I called the Macedonian Embassy to make sure they still are not issuing visas to Americans and guess what! I now need a visa! Imagine that. Not only do I need a visa, they changed their process to be the same as the EU's, which, as you can imagine, is a bit more of a process than before. So, I have alerted my friends in Skopje and am trying to not have a stress monkey attack (so far, the margarita has helped calm the nerves). I also have not heard about my grants and am turning in yet another proposal on Monday. Hooray!

Ok, I must run, but keep the faith, friends. TTFN

No comments: