Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!!!

Howdy! I have missed this so much and I completely apologize for the lack of posting. I was super stress monkey until about oh right now. I got my grant applications in, no news, Jennie came to visit me - it was awesome, I had to turn in a program evaluation and then it was spring break in Colorado where I had to say good-bye to everyone, friends, family, for the longest time I have been away. It was great, and I am so blessed. After coming back to Philly, cat pee in my laundry (ew, gross and the kitties experienced some banishment), a lit review that could be part of my dissertation, should I pursue a PhD, a group paper on foreclosure and single women, coding thousands of said foreclosures for GIS mapping purposes, and, finally classes, here I am!

Here is the great Macedonia update. I asked my Dean for money and he is going to pitch my case to his bosses and others (who, I have no clue, but exciting!) to see if he can't drum up some support. Imagine not having to take out more loans! This would be great. I still need to get life insurance, health insurance, find a storage locker for my stuff, call the Embassy to make sure their policy is still no visas for Americans, and I am sure I am missing something...soooo, this weekend, I draft said proposal for the Dean and then come up with an action plan for doing the tedious reviewing of health and life insurance policies, call about getting my loans in deferment...but I am still excited.

I realized recently that, while it is hard to say good-bye to people, I am so grateful that I have people in my life who I love and love me. The more people ask what I am doing after my internship, the more I realize that I don't know! I was reminded of the difference between anticipation and expectation while back in Golden and it was quite profound for me. I am anticipating my internship and the opportunities that will come my way and I have no expectations as to what those will be. I am open to life. What a liberating and uncertain experience!

Now, here is the serious question of the day: My Dad offered to buy me my graduation hood, even though I will not be walking. I want one, but the question is this: do I wait and see if I get another degree of sorts since I do one day hope to get my PhD? I don't have to decide now...I will consider the lilies...back to coding...:D

No comments: