Sunday, March 30, 2008

Anxiety?


I don't feel particular anxiety about school or my internship, but, apparently, it is lurking beneath the surface. I had similar dreams about being in a language class (this time it was spanish, last time it was french) and realizing that I haven't been going and wasn't sure what was going on or how I was going to pass. Then, I dreamed something about going to watch my husband play soccer with his mom and sister. Maybe he was just a boyfriend. Anyhow that dream was not anxiety inducing but strange since I have no idea who the women in the dream are nor what my partner looked like. I had some dream about running a women's organization or something and that was strange too.

Anyhow, I don't know what this all means but I do know I have neglected things like laundry,grocery shopping and cleaning my room/apartment. That is what I would like to do today, but no dice. I have this review board I am on and have to finish reviewing applications and, allegedly, I have a group meeting for one of my classes. Maybe I can have quality "me" time tomorrow. I know the transition to the unknown is affecting me more than I realize. Just being quiet cleaning and cooking is therapeutic at times. I am not practicing self care that is for sure. I think one of my biggest fears is that I will be completely ineffective in advancing the standing of women in my whole life. I can't worry about that now; I need to get my work done and get everything in line for my adventure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey girlie! Just wanted to leave you a note to let you know that we miss you. You're one amazing gal! Good luck with everything and try to keep the anxiety at bay. Love ya! (DeAnn & Brian)