Friday, January 11, 2008

Bayou wayou!

Our days in Mississippi are down to less than two, with our super health fair tomorrow. Everyone in Pearlington knows about it and hopefully we have a terrific turn out. I will be knitting and conversing for 4 hours so it should be fun. Yesterday, Congressman Taylor came to thank us and, especially for a Congressman, he is good-looking! It was a blast from the past for me because he was in the House when I was a Page. Then, it was off to Turtle Landing for a beer and to watch our debut on the news in Buloxi. We are famous! Not only for the illustrious chicken drop, but now for being on the news and having the health fair. Can you believe I have classes starting next week? I can't. Let the race begin!

New Orleans was a completely different experience the second time we went. There was no flashing, no jam-packed streets and lots of oysters. We went to a delicious restraunt, ACME, and had raw oysters (deliciously slimy!!) and po boys, ettoffe (can't spell), hush puppies and bread pudding. Amazing. Then, we went to Pat O'Briens to have another hurricane (not as good this time) and strolled the streets. I had my tarot cards read and it was interesting. She said I was isolated right now which, despite being with 28 other people all the time, I agree with and that I am in a time where I have to work hard. How did she know?! Then, (this is where it gets interesting) she told me that I have a strong male businessman presence in my life and that we really want to be together, but we can't right now because it is winter and I have to focus on my work...who is this mysterious strong male businessman in my life??? All I know is we can't be together right now, and I believe one of the main reasons is because I don't know who he is. I'll keep you posted, should there be an update.

No comments: