Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Interview Update


My interview went really really well. Now, I just get to hurry up and wait. I still can't belief I interviewed with the U.N. That is pretty cool in and of itself, I must admit. Now, I just have to read for my 2 classes remaining this week. For Urban Policy, I am studying how the Arts can help attract and renew neighborhoods. Who knew Minneapolis/St.Paul was an arts Mecca?? Not me! My other reading is William Julius Wilson's "The Truly Disadvantaged". I highly recommend this book - it is the first scholarship that truly addresses urban ghettos, race, and the economy since the Moynihan Report (highly controversial report that virtually silenced scholarship surrounding race and poverty until William Julius Wilson's book mentioned above). OK, back to the books!

No comments: