Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Unpacking and Off to Mississippi



Howdy Howdy Howdy! I am attempting to unpack all my stuff, realizing that I truly have no furniture. I did buy a beautiful bureau, however, and it is being delivered tonight. Hooray! Other news: I leave for Mississippi, I kid you not, at 5:30 in the morning, tomorrow morning. 5:30!!! I have to be at the gate at 6:30. Boo. But, by lunch time, I will be eating at some delicious New Orleans cafe. Benets or bust, baby! I know internet is limited at best where I am going so I will try to update the blog, but be patient with me, please! I promise I will not wear velour or sweat outfits to travel. There were so many fashion crimes last time I flew, velour was the most obvious one, but trust me, I doubt I will be disappointed this time around. As always, you can count on me to report back the biggest travesties. My time at the grad center begins upon my return so not to worry, my making fun of grad students and their "fashion" will also continue.

I head off for Raleigh/Durham on February 1st to see a friend I have not seen in 8 years. Now that is a fairly long time. A lot has happened since we last saw each other, but alas, it should be fun. Last semester, I did not leave Philadelphia city limits for 3 months. This semester, I want to change that. I do not want to feel like a shell come May when classes are done. While I truly enjoyed my return trip to Colorado, it is hard to spend all of your time recouperating!

Ok, the room of boxes with the overweight cat beckons. Nona and I call her "Sumo".

1 comment:

zoNa said...

now that is what i call a truly great photo!