Saturday, January 26, 2008

Weekends rock!

Today, I woke up at 1ish and continued to lay in bed for awhile, chatting on the phone with my parents, petting the obese kitty that lives with me (I promise I will upload a picture soon of Manon, aka Sumo). My new room is PERFECT for that kind of thing. A little too perfect.

Walking into campus, I realized that I think of Philly as my home. I really like the city and despite the fact that I cannot walk home alone after dark, I like where I live. I think my neighbors right next door are gay so you know what that means: the area will be gentrified in the next 10 years. God Bless the Gays for revitalizing inner cities. If only it didn't push the poor out. I hope we can talk about that issue in my urban policy class. Right now, we are learning of middle-class flight from the cities to the 'burbs. I hope to work on a project that deals with foreclosures and predatory lending. Are you jealous yet? I can see that you are...

Monday morning, bright and early is my phone interview with the UN. I am so nervous. I need to practice my answers to questions like: Why did you apply for this internship (because it is the U.-freaking-N. and I want to go into the area of women's empowerment)? What is your greatest strength (hmmm, have to think about that one. Shining personality is NOT what they are looking for right away)? What is your greatest weakness (my left arm. I rarely use it. No seriously. I have to put some thought into that one too...) Wish me luck. Hopefully, they will tell me soon if I am the chosen one because then I have to figure out a way to amass some serious capital in the next few months if accepted.

2 comments:

zoNa said...

greatest strength: being perfect
greatest weakness: see greatest strength

:):)

Brooke said...

I would have wished you luck sooner, had I checked your blog before the afternoon of your interview. I hope it went very well.

Do keep us all updated on how things progress. We're all rootin' for ya!