Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Where there is mastery there is no mystery


You guessed it. I am drinking tea again and this is the oh so wise saying on my Egyptian licorice herbal deliciousness. What does this mean???!! Where there is mastery there is no mystery. First off, I want to add a comma. Mastery of what?

Maybe I should stop trying to decipher the sayings on my tea, but I think it is entertaining. I didn't have my second class today so I am working on grant stuff. I think I am way into my blog because I can feel connected, but not really do much. Ok, I have done NOTHING since my last entry in the grant department. Nada. Zip.

Congratulations to Cata! She has been accepted by the Peace Corps!

Ok, back to mastery and mystery. Hmmm, have I mastered anything? No, I cannot think of anything. At first, I thought I had mastered making coffee but no, there are those days where, for no apparent reason, the coffee is amazing. I put the same amounts (ok close to the same amounts) of creamer, splenda, grounds, water....so I am not a master of anything. I guess my life is full of mystery. Enough procrastinating...have you mastered anything? Is it still mysterious?

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Egyptian Licorice is one of my absolute favorite teas!

Once outside of Stirling's, Cristi C. and I sat talking and laughing at one of the picnic tables, and we couldn't help but notice how that particular brand's names for its teas all sound like the titles of cheesy romance novels. We then started creating outrageous story lines to match them.

Consider:

Chai Redbush
Mayan Cocoa Spice
Sweet Thai Delight
Mexican Sweet Chili

Need I go further...?

zoNa said...

i miss IDKOTT.... I still check everyday :)

Anonymous said...

I read that message the other day on a box of Yogi Tea. It basically means that nothing is a mystery to God, since He is the Master of it all. And if we can accept His position as a Master, nothing will remain a mystery to us either. When we know things as they are, they are not mysterious any more.

Regards from Slovenia,
Dalibor