Saturday, November 24, 2007

I am Fabulous, Fed and Rested


Wow, what a great weekend we are having. I cannot express my gratitude to Nona's parents for having us, cooking for us, letting us stay in their home...Nona and I are improving our Spades skills - watch out!! We are soooo good. At least in our humble opinion. Even though we didn't win any of the overall games, we have improved immensely.
Today, we go to Niagara Falls, out to dinner with friends and work on my paper. Yesterday, we braved the Black Friday crowds and made some beautiful purchases, knit, enjoyed whiskey eggnog - delicious - and Nona's Mom's amazing cooking.
My health is improving a bit, although my throat is still sore and I cough off and on. Just being in a real home surrounded by parental love and affection is a remedy all in itself.
5 Things I am Thankful for...
1. My Family, Friends, and their various pets
2. My rosy disposition and sense of humor
3. Coffee and comfort food
4. My laptop
5. The fact that this list could go on and on and on and on...
Your turn!

2 comments:

zoNa said...

We are having soooo much fun! I don't want to go back tomorrow. I'm so glad you could come.

Tonight we drink to total dominance in spades!!! pulling the wheelchair out from under a cripple's butt has never been so fun! :):) hehe.

Anonymous said...

hey now....saywatch how u talk to the spades champions!!! hehehe