Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Grant Update, Sharky Time

I found out today that I did not get the $6,000 grant I applied for. While I am disappointed, I know it is for the best. How is this for the best? Basically, I would have had to spend money to fly back to Penn in the fall to give a presentation on a research project that isn't complete and potentially not what I proposed in the first place. Soooo, my life is a bit simplified, come September. But I am still sad. I hope I do not have to take out more loans. Here's to hoping I get the $3,000 fellowship and that the Dean can drum up support for me! Did I mention the Macedonian Embassy is asking me how I will pay for my time in Skopje? :D It never ends.

Today, I am wearing what I call my Shark Skirt. It is silvery grey and looks like shark skin. I have a review board meeting (remember those pesky homeless housing proposals?) and I want them to think I am a professional and that I know what I am talking about! Ha! I figure I would intimidate them with my shark-like appearance. I resisted filing my teeth into points. I don't really want to intimidate people, but I do want to feel confident, which can be intimidating. Ok, I am rambling. Back to the books.

2 comments:

zoNa said...

i think it would be totally sweet if you filed your teeth into points. i bet you would have no problem finding a man too! my vote is, GO FOR IT :)

Anonymous said...

weird, i saw a documentary recently on the women of....i dont remember where (southeast asia maybe?)...who filed their teeth like sharks teeth to be more beautiful....OUCH! chiseling on my teeth from some guy who has only seen it done before...HELL NO!