Saturday, April 26, 2008

Storage Unit, Check


I can cross off one more item on my trans-Atlantic move. On Monday, I am going to see my new 5'X 5' storage unit. Hopefully it is big enough for the few items I want to store here. Part of me wants to get rid of everything, but the other part of me thinks that if I do come back to the States after my internship, it would be nice to not have to start over completely. What does a poor grad student have to store since they moved out with a Jeep Liberty full of stuff? You would ask...well, you may remember that I bought a used, beautiful bureau at the beginning of the semester. I would like to keep that. I also have a microwave, mini fridge, and books. Oh and a bicycle. So I don't anticipate that much stuff, but it is enough to warrant renting space for a month. I am getting rid of the futon since one of the cats peed on it (they have since been banished), but I could not, in good conscience, give a futon with cat pee on it to anyone. It is gross enough that I still have it. So, my packing of the room will consist of 3 piles: Macedonia, Storage, Toss...I am hoping to pack right and really get rid of crap. I think I have a mild case of pack-rat syndrome. But who doesn't need travel sized free gifts from cosmetic companies?? I mean, seriously, you NEVER know when that will come in handy. I know I have 10, but still, maybe I am feeling more vanilla-y than verbena-y on this trip. See, I can ship that stuff to fill in the cracks. I am going to Bratislava, after all. Who knows where is next. I really hope I can get a furnished apartment in Skopje. That would simplify my life. Oh, and you will be glad to know that I actually shopped around and found a g-r-e-a-t price on my storage locker. I know, dreams do come true. Even for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh, I have a feeling if the futon came from Deanna, that mattress had cat pee on it long before she gave it to you. :)
yay to storage and moving across the ocean!

MoscowMom said...

HEY! I just found out you have a blog!! Can't wait to read it! Mine is www.americangirlsinmoscow.blogspot.com

We're good; Chris is actually in Golden as of yesterday for a few days after a CA business trip.

xooxoxo from Russia!