Sunday, April 06, 2008

St. Jude Candles


I had my mother buy me candles of St. Jude at the grocery store in Colorado. St. Jude is the patron saint of lost causes. I am not sure exactly what I feel is a lost cause, but I do know that burning the candle makes me feel a bit better. Maybe St. Jude is petitioning God for me on my behalf. You are supposed to say the prayer to St. Jude and then enter your petition at the end. I don't have a petition. I will have to think about this a bit more. I hope I can get St. Jude candles in Skopje.

In other news, I did something a bit crazy today. I applied for a job with Transparency International to be the Programme Coordinator for the EU + Sub-region. I would be based in Berlin, Germany. They say they want someone to start in May 2008. If they want me, they will have to wait until I finish my internship in Skopje, but I was excited to read the job description and think I have the skills they are looking for, despite my lack of international agency experience. I have coordinated projects, am able to communicate and email and travel. I think one of the gifts my program has given me is the confidence to apply to such a job. If I hear back from Transparency International, I'll let you know.

Let me set the stage for you so you can picture what it is like for me. I am burning my St. Jude candle, which is unscented, and another scented candle. I don't remember the smell but it is crisp and clean smelling. I am burning cd's into my iTunes while editing my Program Evaluation paper. The music playing through the speakers is Heart, an acoustic album of their songs. I like it a lot. Musashi, Nona's yellow lab is laying next to me - he gets to stay with Auntie Elmo tonight! I should get back to work, but I hope you have a great week, friends! Oh, the picture of me is with my other, less attractive glasses. RRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR!

No comments: