Friday, April 25, 2008

Skopje then Bratislava


I forgot to tell you the exciting news! 4 days after my arrival in Skopje, I am going on a UNIFEM staff retreat in Bratislava, Slovakia for 5 days. It is a retreat for all the staff working for UNIFEM in Eastern and Central Europe so I will not only be with my new office cohorts, but meet others from around Europe. I am so incredibly excited!!! My dreams of travel are coming true! And, while on the trip, guess who pays my expenses? If you guessed the UN, you guessed correctly! This is excellent news considering I found out I did not get the $3000 grant I applied for. I am striking out with money! Here is to hoping the Dean pulls through for yours truly...this is a photo of Bratislava.

Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia, located on the Danube river. It borders Austria and Hungary. Vienna is a mere 37 miles from the city. I am hoping my cohorts will explore the city with me...

1 comment:

De said...

Bratislava sounds like a great place to explore. Brian's Austrian family lives just a few miles from there. The closest we got to Bratislava was overlooking it from a hill on the Austrian side of the border. Good luck with money from the deanery! Have fun packing. I always find it liberating to rid myself of things, it makes me feel lighter!