Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Zee Update!

Hello! My goodness I have been away for too long from this thing. I am working a 8 hour shift at the Grad Center today (you read correctly, 8 freaking hours!) and it is just what I need. Last weekend was spent in Chicago with Jennie and Ste, eating sushi, playing Paper Mario, going to Loyola with Jen, and the 96th floor of the John Hancock building for martinis. It was a wonderful, rejuvenating trip. Now, I have 3 weeks exactly to wrap up my life in Philly.

I have had many realizations the past few days. When I left Jen and Ste in Chicago, I was sad. But I realized that I was sad because I miss them, not because I dread my life in Philly. What a wonderful thing to realize!!! I feel comfortable and at home here. I hope I will feel the same way in Skopje. The other thing I realized is how many people I know at the Grad Center - students who come to study - but that I don't know beyond that. It dawned on me today that I would like to get to know some of these people beyond simple conversation, but with 3 weeks left, I will focus on those who I already know and will miss.

I cannot believe I leave in 3 weeks. Skopje or bust!

1 comment:

zoNa said...

man, it seems like you just got here yesterday. philly seems like a totally different place with you here. its not that i didn't have friends or was not happy before, but now that i have gotten used to having you here and seeing you pretty much everyday, i know that the adjustment will be rough when you leave. i can't believe the year is almost over and we will be heading off to sumo wrestle and dance the night away on the boat cruise once more. wow. 3 weeks, huh?...